- The Hockey IntelliGym® is a downloadable program
- Average results: 30% increase in goals, assists, completed passes, and reduction in giveaways, within one season
- First on-ice results are seen after 6-8 weeks of training
- Training program adopts to personal goals and is automatically altered based on progress
- Download and install from anywhere: access through a user name and password
- Coaches and parents have access to detailed progress reports
- 60 days money back guarantee with all annual plans
The Hockey IntelliGym training environment
USA Hockey, in collaboration with Applied Cognitive Engineering (ACE), created the Hockey IntelliGym. It was originally developed by cognitive psychologists, computer engineers, and game theorists to develop precise instincts in military fighter pilots. The technology has since been adjusted to give athletes the same benefits.
The National Team Development Program (NTDP), located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where the USA Jr. Hockey Teams train and reside, worked closely with ACE scientists to maximize benefits for their players. Since implementing the IntelliGym, the NTDP and USA National Hockey Teams have seen unprecedented results.
USA was medaled in 23 of the last 24 international tournaments, including 16 gold medals, and five IIHF U18 World Championship titles!
The Hockey IntelliGym® works fine with most modern personal computers running standard operating systems (Windows, Mac). It requires Internet connection. The IntelliGym® is not a video game, and does not support game oriented consoles such as PSP or Wii. See below for specific details.
- The Hockey IntelliGym® requires a minimal screen resolution of 1024x768
- Intel® Pentium® III processor (Pentium 4 recommended)
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, Professional, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 2 or 3, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 1, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Note: Windows 2000 is not supported
- Intel Core™ Duo or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6 or higher
- 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Note: Mac PowerPC is not supported
Who is using the IntelliGym?
- More than 100 NHL players and draftees
- More than 400 major junior and collegiate players
- More than 20,000 youth hockey players
The National Teams, U17 and U18 adopted the Hockey IntelliGym during the 09/10 season.
On average, the players increased their number of goals and assists by 42% within the first year.
Since the IntelliGym adoption, the USA U18 National Team visited every IIHF World Championship title game, and has collected a total of 5 World Titles!
Tracking your progress
We will track your progress within the IntelliGym for you but it’s important you track your on-ice improvement at the same time. There is a direct correlation between IntelliGym performance and on ice performance.
IntelliGym provides you with an easy sheet to track your stats through the season as you train with the IntelliGym. With the IntelliGym tracking system, you will be able to input on ice results to see them increase along with your IntelliGym results.
In order to download and print your copy of the stats sheet click here.